Wednesday 25 April 2007

Incredibly Fucking Stupid

My best friend mailed me recently to express his disdain regarding a colleague of his girlfriend, who has said her only real ambition is to become an "FHM High Street Honey".

Apparently her best mate is one (who has by all accounts been in a number of Men's magazines-who knows, perhaps you may already have masturbated furiously over her?) and she is, according to the girl in question "nowhere near as fit as me".

Isn't it good to know the young of today have such lofty aspirations eh?

Now I don't want to appear at all patronising to the little lady, but as I understand it the concept behind the "High Street Honey" is that:

If enough builders leer at you you will build some kind of popular fan base, and get voted through to next round where you then take your pants off for some middle aged journalists in a photoshoot.

Eventually I suppose you continue in this vein on to the final, where everyone in Britain with a IQ below 75 gets to see your tits. It works just like some kind of wanking pyramid scheme really.

I suppose the whole High Street Honey concept is useful because it just cuts out the middle bit where you have to either go out with a Premiership footballer or be raped by John Leslie before you get to appear in these magazines...

I hang my head in despair...

1 comment:

richashby said...

You're bang on the money mate.

J'accuse Heat magazine, celebrity culture, MySpace et al.

We get the media we deserve...