Thursday 7 February 2008

Over my dead body…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/Stone the infidels!!!!

I can’t believe there’s not more outright condemnation of this idea. I’m disgusted to think that in a secular country such as ours this idea is even sanctioned. Has everyone gone fucking mad?

Why should anyone live under religious law? This country spent many centuries dragging itself out of this kind of lunatic feudalistic shit-headedness, only to be dragged back into it because it celebrates “diversity” and individual freedom. Utter fucking bollocks. How can two systems of law do anything but hinder diversity and freedom, especially when one of them seems inclined to condemn women, non-Muslims and gays, (and practically everybody who is not a hard line fundamentalist Muslim)?

Yes, my views can be represented as racism of the most virulent sort, but from what I understand Sharia law does not represent true Islamic thinking (which appears, in its defence, to be considerably more forgiving than Christian law) but instead a series of antiquated cultural prejudices imported from a more brutal environment. It has no place here.

This country has a separation of church and state and I sincerely hope it always will.

I’m not surprised by the Church of England agreeing with this-they always been a bunch of useless, wishy washy wankers with no real grip on reality and a (thankfully) steadily declining influence on society…

I think I’m becoming Richard Littlejohn…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are then I am too!!

I really wish that all religions just went back to celebrating whatever god they believed in and stopped trying to influence society. I dont believe in any god but I understand that people do and as long as that is kept to themselves, I have no problem with it.
Living in Britian its kinda funny to look at the USandA and laugh at the nutters on the Religious right condemning everyone that isnt white and a Republican. Sadly that means we have taken our eye of the ball and rubbish like this gets snuck in.