Monday 11 February 2008

The Undeserving Poor...

Sometimes I think I’ve turned into a monster, with my terrible right wing, knee jerk, Daily Mail, reactionary comments to almost every single thing in the news.

It’s a far cry from the young, idealistic principled man I used to be. Sometimes I mourn that loss of innocence, and wish I could be a little more forgiving, a little more understanding.

And then I read something like this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/just what is wrong with your fucking wiring?

And I know I’m right. If there is ever a case for mass euthanasia this really is it…

What would possesses peoples to do this? Normal people don’t think: “hmm… what an edifying and intellectually satisfying episode of Jeremy Kyle that was. I shall never look at my pregnant girlfriend/sister in the same way again. Not being gainfully employed, it seems I’ve got a couple of hours to kill before Trisha Goddard starts. Now, shall I cook some delicious McCain’s Microchips, or shall I just try to kill some members of the emergency services?”.

You can talk about “disenfranchisement” and “the need to reengage with society” as much as you like. These people are just scum.

Does anyone else think that many council sink estates would be much nicer if they were made into lakes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i watched a film called 'apocolypto' last night, and in it there's a bit where the 'captives' are involved in a game, one rule 'make it to the corn field and your free' they then have to run like madmen toward to the field whilst the 'captors' throw all manner of weapons at them i.e. arrows, stones, knives blah blah(basically, no one is meant to survive). surely this would be much more entertaining on a sunday night than dancing on ice?? where the captives are lay about gimps i.e. 'fire-men-beater-uppers' or benefit grabbers. and the weapon throwers are upstanding members of the society (anyone who pays tax and generally isnt a prick)

imagine how happy youd be recieving a letter in the post asking if youd like to kill and maim the people who you loathe - in an enterataining way!

you dont get a reward if you win though, but who cares?