Tuesday 29 July 2008

I call my Girlfriend “Slinky”- that’s because I like to throw her down the stairs every so often…(Badum! Tish!)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/Battered Wives Hit Back!

Even as I write this there are women with black eyes all over the country, grimly polishing their biggest frying pans in readiness for their fat twat of a husband to return home. About time too…

It seems only fair that because if I was to appear in court charged with strangling my common law wife I would probably be let off by a sympathetic judge because “She deserved it” or “all women are whores and are asking to be killed” or any one of the myriad of sensible and progressive reasons the judiciary still appear to use.

Interestingly the only time the term “Common Law Wife” is ever heard is when someone is up in the dock for strangling them. If you don’t believe me you can Google it and check-“Common law Wife Strangling”-14 Trillion results, “Common law Wife (exclude “strangling”)”-about 4 results.

It’s a fair crack of the whip now anyway-it should keep dysfunctional couples on their toes a bit more as they now have an equal amount to lose.

For some reason it reminds me of a friend’s mother who (he claims) donates all her unwanted goods to, as she puts it, “The Charity for Battered Wives”…

The overriding cynical part of me thinks it just another way of keeping the prison population down. Did you know it costs approx £30,000 per year to keep someone in prison. Typically you are looking at £200, 000 – 500,000 to support someone sentenced to murder.

For those with super quick maths brains, that works out at over £80 a day. What do they feed them for fucks sake? Swans?

For something that costs us nearly £7 million pounds per day it's nice that Someone seems to be making money out of it somewhere though... and it would appear that “Last year the government spent more than £10,000 on 80 PlayStations and 15 Xboxes for young offender institutions”. If you think that’s just me being a reactionary lunatic and making stuff up, I read it here .

No comments: