Wednesday 8 August 2007

The Crazy Toilet Man

I got caught by the crazy toilet man again this morning-I’m not sure if I ever mentioned the crazy toilet man before, but he’s a very friendly bloke who works here (at least, I think he works here. I hope he works here because he’s always hanging round the toilets, and if he isn’t employed here I’m pretty sure he’s a security risk) whose job it is to go from toilet to toilet emptying the bins and putting new bin liners in.

The only problem with this is that he is quite clearly utterly mad-he has one of those “unfinished” sort of faces you see only on the very ill and/or insane-all scraggly hair, wobbly eyes and missing teeth. He doesn’t exhibit any signs of learning difficulties/Downs syndrome etc though, just sheer rampant insanity.

He lurches from toilet to toilet heaving massive bags of rubbish whilst singing to himself and accosting people who pass by and dragging them into his extremely strange one-sided conversations:

“I’m only here Tuesdays. Tuesdays, Thursdays. I can come Wednesdays though, I can. Could if I want. Always full. Always. By Wednesdays, always. I told them it would be full!! I did!!!!! HAHAHAHA” etc. Very disconcerting indeed.

If you’re actually in the toilet when he comes in it’s even worse-your best bet is to get yourself locked into a cubicle ASAP before he starts, otherwise you end up listening to him and nodding for five minutes before you have to say something like “I’m shutting the door now” loudly and clearly and then he stops.

This is what happened to me this morning, unfortunately it was worse than normal because someone had been putting paper towels down the toilet (again) which blocks them and this ALWAYS sets him off “lookatthis!!lookatthis!! all over floor, all over. Is there a boss? Is there? Toilet paper, towels. Towels, toilet paper…Needs telling, needs saying…” and so forth.

I sent him off in the general direction of the building manager. He hasn’t sent me an email to thank me yet…

No comments: