Friday 14 September 2007

Makeover TV

I’m listening to a conversation about makeover programmes on TV. Tedious.

I have however thought of a great idea for a new one. It’s one in which I get someone who’s got very low self esteem, so low it’s debilitating-perhaps they’ve gained loads of weight, or their partner has left them-they may even have a medical condition that has aged them prematurely.

I’ll promise to change their life for them (but it won’t be easy), I’ll get them on the show and I’ll make them open up about themselves and tell me all about how unhappy they are, and how much they are looking forwards to this, as their lives are just so intolerable.

Then, as part of the "healing process" I’ll make them take all their clothes off in front of a studio audience, then I will just step back and laugh in their fucking faces.

The show is called “What do you think I am? A FUCKING MAGICIAN?”

1 comment:

richashby said...

I don't get makeover TV shows.

There's one called '60 Minute Makeover' where a former Hollyoaks 'star' whose name escapes me commandeers some poor unfortunate's house with a gang of unskilled labourers and well f***s it up really.

The end result is something that manages to mix chintz and shoddy workmanship. Wallpapering in one house was so bad it resembled a dirty protest.

Should instead be called 'Lose £27K off our house in an hour'. Not as memorable perhaps.