Monday 10 September 2007

The McCann Saga

There’ll be a film of this in a few years, mark my words…

So it appears that they have found evidence of the daughter’s blood in a hire car the little girl shouldn’t have been in? Wonder what made them check after all this time? Is it me, or does this seems to be a very unusual way of carrying out a criminal investigation?

Not that I am in any way in doubt of the skills and abilities of foreign police forces, or that I would suggest that they are staffed with inept and corrupt officials.

Numerous times whilst I have been abroad I have been impressed with their refreshing attitude towards the wearing of consistent uniforms and their dedication towards safety procedures whilst handling firearms. No doubt this resolute approach would also translate well into ensuring the integrity of crime scenes etc.

All in all I find them a model of discipline and integrity, and unlikely to hardly ever take bribes. I have no doubts that the Portuguese system of justice, where no information is released to the press, public or defence lawyers means that everything is entirely above board and beyond reproach.

I think that this recent press release from Captain Ineptides of the Portuguese Police Force detailing the progress of their investigation may shed some light on their exhausting, round the clock efforts.:

“We no look in car before this because, hey, we have siesta then we forget, no? When little girl go missing, we forget to lock hotel room anyway so rats get in first, so science men from Lisbon, they are no good. I go poke hedge with stick and she no there either.

Then my Uncle Miguel’s donkey go missing so we are spending time looking for that next, for next two months maybe.

After that we fall asleep under tree and am woken by pretty Mrs McCann. She very pretty lady, I pinch her arse you know…heh! heh! Anyway, after that I speak to my brother and he say “hey maybe she was stolen by Gypsies eh?” So, we go after filthy Gypsies and I shoot maybe four, five of them, but no little girl. I think maybe she turn up soon…maybe we bring nice Mrs McCann back in so I can sweat at her some more hey?

She go home now-maybe she like Portugal so much she come back on holiday next year?”

No comments: