Monday 23 July 2007

More about utterly awful concerts

Hello Weston-Super-Mare!!!

Did anyone see any coverage of the “T4 on the beach” bloody awful outdoor concert yesterday? Bilge of the highest order in my view. I’m not keen on outdoor concerts anyway (Glastonbury is a different matter), especially ones on the beach. And in Weston Super Mare. So not my sort of thing at all really.

Outdoor gigs are usually rubbish anyway, unless you actually like spending 2 hours queuing for a piss with a load of drunk, angry sunburned Geordies. Apparently the highlight of yesterday’s gig was a performance by “Dizzee Rascal”. For fucks sake…

The best song in the world is inside my head anyway-it’s my own arrangement of “Gold” by Spandau Ballet. It’s fucking brilliant, and the only barrier to getting it released and it going platinum and me being extremely fucking rich and buying a massive chimpanzee farm is that I unfortunately can’t sing as well in real life as I can inside my own head.

The second best song in the world is also inside my head-it’s a cover of “Poison’s” 1987 megahit “Every Rose has its Thorn (but every night has its door-horr-horr-horrnnn)” sung by the Reverend Ian Paisley.

The “B” side of that single is him singing “Mr Bojangles” and "That's Armore". If you were lucky enough the get the 12 inch, it also has an unforgettable version of Elaine Paige and Barbara Dickson’s “I knew him so well” in which he duets with the late Pope John Paul II.

No comments: