Wednesday 4 July 2007

Spare a thought for the Diana Impersonators

This is really a follow up to last weeks Diana Tribute concert, in all it’s mawkish glory. I didn’t watch it as it looked awful, like Glastonbury for the fox hunting set… I also got very annoyed with comments in the press telling us how bravely the “Young Princes” held up.

Now, I don’t want to sound cruel, and I know how tragic it must have been to lose your mother at such a young age (especially as she was pissed and shagging an Arab bloke at the time-that must have been hard) but it has been 10 years, and I would hope that their grief has been somewhat tempered by the passage of time now. Given that their favourite pastimes appear to be fox hunting and grabbing young women’s tits in night clubs you get the impression that they aren’t the most introspective of young men anyway…

I also imagine that it is somewhat easier to reconcile yourself to a family life of tragedy if you are filthy fucking rich than if you were some poor bastard who had a proper life to get on with, with all its attendant stresses and worries. If all you have to worry about is one of your fucking polo ponies going lame I imagine the rest of your life is quite easy.

Anyway, my idea for a TV programme to mark the decade since the tragic loss of our “Princess of Hearts” is:

“Diana: a Tribute to her Impersonators”

A programme in which we look at the fortunes of those young women who depended on HRH for a career, and what they have been doing since her untimely demise… I bet some of them became Jill Dando impersonators instead. Wonder how that worked out for them?

EDIT-wasn’t sure whether to add this bit-it was in the original draft I did, but I took it out as I felt it was a bit too sentimental, but I think I should add it now:

“It’s all a lot of fucking bollocks-two friends of mine have both lost parents this year-in both cases good people who led good lives and gave infinitely more to society than a that parasitic louse ever did. I also think that they would both be glad to know that their children won’t be getting “Dire Straits” out of whatever rehab/care home they are currently in to commemorate their passing.”

No comments: